The Electrotechnical Skills Partnership (TESP) has confirmed the first qualifications awarded the Electrician Plus kitemark. The new brand concept aims to highlight how the role of a qualified electrician is central to the installation of low-carbon technologies, and the logo is an endorsement of relevant industry-approved qualifications. EAL is proud to announce that the list includes:
- EAL Level 3 Award in the Installation of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems – 600/5175/9
- EAL Level 3 Award in the Requirements for the Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Points – 603/3929/9
- EAL Level 3 Award in the Design, Installation, and Commissioning of Electrical Energy Storage Systems – 610/2091/6
EAL is the only awarding body that offers qualifications covering solar photovoltaic (PV), electrical energy storage systems (EESS), and electric vehicle charging points (EVCP) that have been awarded the Electrician Plus kitemark. The core competence of a qualified electrician is the foundation from which to upskill and train in these areas. To ensure alignment and appropriate prerequisites that reflect the Electrician Plus model, we have amended the learner entry requirements for the three recognised Awards.
The Qualification Manuals for all three now state:
- This qualification is for practicing electricians.
- Learners must hold one of the following:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification • Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services
- Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification.
- Level 3 Electrotechnical in Dwellings
- Level 3 Electrotechnical in Dwellings Experienced Worker Qualification
- EAL Building Services Engineering (Level 3) - Electrotechnical Installation
- Equivalent historical qualifications. See EAS Table 4B/4C, and the EAS Qualifications Guide.
- ECS Gold Card for a Domestic Electrician, JIB Electrician, or Approved Electrician Card.
Training Providers who offer any of these qualifications and wish to apply to use the Electrician Plus kitemark in marketing or web-based material connected to them can find out how to do so using the link below:
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Alex Robinson, Lead Technical Advisor -BSE