End-Point Assessment Service
As the specialist awarding organisation for industry, we've been at the forefront of supporting employers to develop new apprenticeship standards at every stage, including assessment plan development.
By choosing EAL as your apprentice assessment organisation you'll benefit from:
- Unrivalled support and expertise from end-point assessment experts who are time served in your occupational area.
- A wealth of expertise in quality assuring delivery and assessment, that builds on our unique understanding of employer skills needs in our core sectors.
- A flexible and responsive solutions-based service, with the first-rate level of customer service that EAL is renowned for.
All apprenticeship standards must contain an assessment plan and an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
The assessment plan outlines how an apprentice can expect to be assessed against the apprenticeship standard, including what they need to have achieved to apply for their apprenticeship completion certificate.
It explains what will be assessed, how it will be assessed and who will conduct the assessment. A range of assessment methods can be used such as a viva, practical and/or knowledge assessments, observation of performance, presentations and completion of a work portfolio.
The apprenticeship assessment must:
- Have an independently assessed end–point assessment, carried out by an organisation on the government's Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations (EAL is on the register)
- Be graded eg pass, merit and distinction
- Deliver consistent, reliable and valid judgements
- Set out internal and external quality assurance processes
All apprenticeships have training and assessment throughout the duration of the programme and all must now contain an end-point assessment (EPA).
This forms the final stage of the apprenticeship and is separate to any qualifications or other assessment that the apprentice may undertake during training. It is designed to assess whether an apprentice has met the requirements of the apprenticeship standard and is fully competent in their occupational role.
The end-point assessment must be conducted by a registered assessment organisation that is independent from the apprentice's training provider and/or employer, to ensure everyone following the same apprenticeship standard is assessed consistently.
Only organisations on the government's Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations are eligible to conduct the end-point assessment of apprentices. Employers can choose which organisation on the register to work with. EAL is on the register. Read more about our EPA offer further down this page.
The end-point assessment is described in each apprenticeship standard's assessment plan.
EAL EPA Service
We are applying to offer end-point assessments for standards in our core sectors as they become available.
We are currently endorsed to deliver End-Point Assessment for:
- Associate Project Manager (Level 4)
- Commercial Catering Equipment Technician (Level 3)
- Control/Technical Support Engineer (Level 6)
- Electrical/Electronic Technical Support Engineer (Level 6)
- Engineering Design and Draughtsperson (Level 3)
- Engineering Fitter (Level 3)
- Engineering Manufacturing Technician (Level 4)
- Engineering Operative (Level 2)
- Engineering Technician (in collaboration with IMechE) (Level 3)
- Lean Manufacturing Operative (Level 2)
- Lift and Escalator Electromechanic (Level 3)
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician (Level 3) (MOET)
- Manufacturing Engineer (Level 6)
- Metal Fabricator (Level 3)
- Metrology Technician (Level 3)
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) (Level 3)
- Process Leader (Level 4)
- Product Design and Development Engineer (Level 6)
- Propulsion Technician (Level 4)
- Rail Engineering Advanced Technician (Level 4)
- Rail Infrastructure Operator (Level 2)
- Rail Engineering Operative (Level 2)
- Rail Engineering Technician (Level 3)
- Senior Metrology Technician (Level 5)
- Space Engineering Technician (Level 4)
- Tramway Construction Operative (Level 2)
- Watchmaker (Level 3)