Engineering and manufacturing
What is this qualification?
This qualification is a Level 3 Diploma in Maritime Defence (Development Knowledge) and is a Vocational Related Qualification (VRQ). It will give learners knowledge and understanding of a range of maritime defence engineering techniques. The qualification covers the intermediate knowledge and understanding that is required by someone working in the maritime defence engineering sector. It takes a hands-on approach to foundation maritime defence engineering training by providing learners with:
• Knowledge and understanding of a range of maritime defence engineering techniques
• Information that will help them make more informed decisions about their career options
• Personal skills to help them work effectively and achieve their potential
This is a graded qualification; learners can achieve a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
What are the pre-requisites?
Apprentices must be at least 16 years old. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; however centres should ensure that the apprentice have the potential to achieve this qualification. Apprentices must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to complete the learning outcomes and the external assessment.
Centres should make apprentices with particular requirements aware of the content of the qualification and they should be given every opportunity to successfully complete the qualification. EAL will consider any reasonable suggestions for, and from, those with disabilities that would help them to achieve the learning outcomes without compromising the standards required.
Who is this qualification for?
• Apprentices working towards a relevant apprenticeship standard
• Apprentices looking to advance to the development phase of a relevant apprenticeship standard