Engineering and manufacturing
What is this qualification?
This assessment will assess the apprenticeships knowledge, skills and behaviours that they have gained during the completion of the foundation phase of their apprenticeship, the apprenticeship standards that this assessment relates to is: Level 3 Mechatronics Maintenance Technician or Level 3 Product Design and Development Technician standards and has been approved by the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector employer groups which is made up a range of employers, providers and professional institutions. The qualification focuses on the Skills, knowledge and behaviours required to ensure the apprentice is ready for advancement to the Development phase of their apprenticeship. This arrangement ensures that the apprentice can apply the knowledge, skills and behaviours they have developed during the foundation phase of their apprenticeship within a simulated working environment which will cover some of the situations that they could face within the occupational sector in which the development phase will be delivered.
The assessment will be based on a range of units that the apprentice has completed as part of their foundation phase competency qualification.
- Mechatronic Maintenance Technician,
- Product Design & Development Technician.
What are the pre-requisites?
Apprentices must be at least 16 years old. Apprentices must have completed the relevant competency and knowledge qualification requirements before starting this assessment; centres should ensure that the apprentices have the potential to achieve this assessment. Apprentices must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to complete this assessment.
Who is this qualification for?
- Learners who have completed the relevant competency and knowledge requirements of the foundation phase of the following apprenticeship standards: Mechatronics Maintenance Technician or Product Design and Development Technician
- Learners who are working towards a relevant apprenticeship standard
- Learners who are looking to advance to the development phase of a relevant apprenticeship standard.