Diploma in Project Management at SCQF Level 8
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours (including meta-skills) to be effective in their role.
The qualification aims to:
- develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to demonstrate competence in project management
- develop the learner’s meta-skills through structured reflection of their practice in this work role and project delivery
- provide learners with a nationally recognised qualification for working in Project Management at SCQF Level 8
The Diploma in Project Management at SCQF level 8 has been designed for learners who are either:
- undertaking this project management qualification who are employed in a project management role, which could be in any sector
- require project management competencies as part of an existing role or to enable career progression into a project management role
- who are employed in a project management role and undertaking this qualification as part of an apprenticeship framework
The EAL Diploma in Project Management at SCQF level 8 is gained when all the necessary assessment routes have been achieved. The Centre will then be able to apply for the learner’s certificate of achievement. The learner will also receive a certificate of unit credit, listing all the assessment routes (units) they have achieved.
If the learner does not complete the full qualification, they can still claim a certificate of unit credit for the assessment routes achieved. This will mean they will have proof of their ability and could complete the qualification at a later date.
Assessment routes can also be taken individually (stand-alone units). This manual must be used in conjunction with the delivery and assessment of any individual assessment routes to ensure that assessment requirements and methodologies are consistently applied.