EAL Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (Northern Ireland)
This qualification covers the fundamental skills and knowledge common to all engineering practices. It offers an extensive choice and flexibility for learners to demonstrate competence in one or more of a broad variety of engineering activities. The qualification also caters for those providing technical support, including project planning and contributing to business improvement.
There are no entry requirements for the PEO assessment routes unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment. Assessment is open to any learner who has the potential to reach the assessment requirements set out in the relevant assessment routes.
This qualification is for:
- Individuals who need to acquire engineering competencies in a realistic, sheltered and controlled environment such as that offered by schools, colleges, training providers, company training centres, HM Prison Services and the MOD training workshops. This will then enable a safe progression into the workplace/employment.
- Individuals employed in engineering but require additional engineering competencies as part of an existing job role or to enable career progression
- Learners undertaking Enginuity apprenticeship frameworks
The qualification is assessed by:
- holistic assessment
- portfolio of evidence (could be electronic)
- verbal questioning
- witness testimony
- knowledge and understanding
The PEO assessment routes are intended to have a wide application throughout the engineering sector. It is necessary therefore to have a flexible approach to the environment in which the assessment routes are delivered and assessed.
There will be learners who have been working in an industry for some time and wish to acquire a broad range of basic competencies as part of an existing job role or to enable career progression. The PEO assessment routes will satisfy that need.
PEO can be delivered in the workplace (in a sheltered environment) or at a Centre through workshop activities etc. There is no exam. PEO is also the foundation into other engineering qualifications and gives learners an insight to engineering.