EAL Level 3 Award in the Requirements for the Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Points
This award gives the learner an understanding of the application of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation. It provides a facility for individuals working in the electrotechnical sector to develop their understanding of the installation of electric vehicle (EV)
Learners must be conversant with the relevant wiring regulations, and initial verification and commissioning. This can be demonstrated by the learner holding relevant qualifications in BS 7671, and inspection and testing.
IMPORTANT ENTRY REQUIREMENT UPDATE FOR REGISTRAIONS FROM THE 01/09/23: To take this qualification learners must be competent electricians and hold one of the qualifications listed below, with the relevant AM test; (e.g. AM2/S/E/D).
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification
- Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services - Electrical Installation (Building and Structures)
- Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification.
- Level 3 Electrotechnical in Dwellings
- EAL Building Services Engineering (Level 3) - Electrotechnical Installation
- Equivalent historical qualifications. See EAS Table 4B/4C, and the EAS Qualifications Guide
Or they hold an ECS Gold Card, as a JIB Electrician, or Approved Electrician.
Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to complete the learning outcomes and assessments.
Centres should make learners with particular requirements aware of the content of the qualification and they should be given every opportunity to successfully complete the qualification. EAL will consider any reasonable suggestions for, and from, those with disabilities that would help them to achieve the learning outcomes without compromising the standards required.
Learners must be at least 18 years old.
Electricians (and designers) who wish to gain an understanding of the requirements for electric vehicle charging equipment installations.
The underpinning technical requirements for the installation of EV charging points. The learner will be assessed against this qualification by one 25 question on-screen multiple choice exam. This qualification is graded pass or fail only.