Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (Pipe Fitting and Assembly) at SCQF Level 6
These qualifications are Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs). They involve the skills and knowledge needed for occupations in engineering and manufacturing including the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems. SVQs are based on national occupational stand-ards, which the candidate must meet to be competent in a particular task. The achievement of SVQs will encourage an employee to value their contribution to the workplace, and it will develop their skills and potential within the engineering and manufacturing field.
There are no entry qualifications or age limits required by learners to undertake this qualification unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment. Assessment is open to any learner who has the potential to achieve the assessment criteria set out in the assessment routes.
- Individuals who need recognition of their competence in one or more of a wide variety of mechanical manufacturing engineering activities and also need a nationally recognised qualification at SVQ Level 3
- Candidates who are undertaking a Enginuity modern apprenticeship
- Those who are working in an electrical manufacturing environment and would like to work towards a relevant SVQ Level 3 qualification
- Those who are new to mechanical manufacturing engineering, but are looking for a career change and wish to develop new skills within the industry.
The Qualification is assessed by:
- Portfolio of assessment
- Verbal/written questioning
- Witness testimony
- Assessor observations
Performance evidence must be the main form of evidence gathered. In order to demonstrate consistent competent performance for a unit, a minimum of three different examples of perfor-mance of the unit activity will be required.
It is recommended that where possible evidence is gathered holistically and that the assessment evidence for the mandatory units is gathered during the performance of the optional units. Evi-dence should be obtained as a whole where practically possible, since competent performance in the optional assessment routes is often dependent on competence in the mandatory assessment routes.
Learners are not required to complete an exam for this qualification.
Competence based qualifications are undertaken in the learner’s workplace.