The Design and Verification of Electrical Installation
This qualification is for learners who wish to obtain an understanding of the concepts, processes and practices involved with the design, construction management and the initial verification of electrical installations.
The emphasis is on the safe and ergonomic design on an installation which complies with relevant statutes, regulations; industry standards, and sound engineering practices.
Learners must be at least 18 years old.
• Those who wish to further their career in the electrotechnical sector,
• Learners who wish to demonstrate their ability in electrical installation design,
• Those who wish to obtain an Industry recognised qualification.
The assessment of this qualification involves the following two aspects:
1) An EAL set centre marked project
Learners real world projects which evidence the assessment criteria to the equivalent complexity.
2) A written controlled knowledge assessment which is graded Pass, Merit, Distinction or Fail.
Learner projects must be available to the EAL External Verifier. All assessment decisions are then subject to internal and external quality assurance.
Delivered in the classroom or training centre, this qualification can be taken by school and college students wishing to gain a clearer understanding of the logistics industry or by career changers.