Domestic Heating (Gas Fired Water & Central Heating Appliances)
Learners must have successfully completed:
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Heating
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating.
Centres should also ensure that the learners have the potential to achieve the units selected within this qualification. Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme, the completion of the learning outcomes and any assessment requirements.
- Individuals who are employed in the domestic heating industry
- Learners employed on a SummitSkills apprenticeship framework.
This qualification is assessed by:
- on-screen exams
- simulated practical assessments
- performance in the workplace.
This qualification is Centre and work based and will combine classroom, workshop sessions and the development of a portfolio consisting of work based evidence.