Domestic Plumbing and Heating
This qualification is a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ). It involves the skills and knowledge needed to do the job, ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
The achievement of an NVQ will encourage an employee to value their contribution to the workplace, and it will develop their skills and potential.
This qualification requires occupational evidence.
It is expected learners will have completed:
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating.
Centres should ensure that the learners have the potential to achieve the units selected within this qualification.
Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme, the completion of the learning outcomes and any assessment requirements.
- Individuals who are employed in the domestic plumbing and heating industry
- Learners employed on a SummitSkills apprenticeship framework.
This qualification is assessed by:
- on-screen exams
- simulated practical assessments
- performance in the workplace.
This qualification is centre and work based and will combine classroom, workshop sessions and the development of a portfolio consisting of work based evidence.