EAL Level 1 Diploma in Engineering & Manufacture
This qualification focuses on practical skills and knowledge. This ensures that when the learner completes the qualification they will have gained practical experience and some expectation of some of the situations that they could face in a job role within the engineering sector. This qualification has been designed to give a ‘hands on’ practical approach to basic engineering training and as such to support improved retention and attainment at Level 1. It covers the foundation level knowledge and understanding of a range of engineering competencies and employability skills such as preparing for interview and managing own learning and has been developed in consultation with colleges, training associations and industry to ensure that it meets the needs of the engineering sector. The Award, Certificate or Diploma do not require occupational evidence.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; although Centres should ensure that the learners have the potential to achieve the units selected within this qualification. Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme, the completion of the learning outcomes and the external assessment.
- Learners who may have a limited prior knowledge and understanding of the engineering sector but have the ability to achieve a foundation level engineering qualification.
- Learners who wish to enter Further Education.
- Those who wish to progress to become an engineer.
- Learners who are thinking about engineering as a career but who would like some experience of the job role first.
- Those who are new to the industry or looking for a career change or wish to learn new skills.
- Learners who are on a school/college link programme (14 to 16 year olds).
This qualification is assessed by the internal (centre marked) assessments. The learner must pass all the internal assessments of their chosen units to achieve the qualification. EAL will externally verify the assessment.