From September 2021 City & Guilds and EAL will be the sole provider of a new suite of fundable Construction and Building Services Engineering qualifications in Wales and we invite you to be part of the consultation process through a series of events, to review and feedback your views on the draft documents and their content.
All stakeholders within the Building Service and Construction sector within Wales such as employers, trade bodies, colleges and training providers bodies are invited to participate.
As we move to the next stage of the development process City & Guilds and EAL require expert views and opinions through a consultation process. The event will provide such an opportunity for you to be part of the consultation process.
Four events will take place across Wales, each event will commence at 9.30 and finish at 12.30. Registration is from 9.15 am with soft drinks available on arrival.
The day will cover:
- A brief overview of the initial design of the new 16-19 landscape and apprenticeship introducing the five new vocational qualifications.
- An opportunity to be part of the consultation process to reflect upon, review and air your views of the following;
- Draft unit content
- Employer sign-off - purpose, process, roles and responsibilities
- Review of behaviours within the employer sign off.
- An introduction to the new assessment approach and scoping of how these assessment methodologies will be used to design assessments that ensure industry entrants have the skills, knowledge and understanding that is needed.
The day will take the form of an interactive workshop, we want to take this opportunity to gain your feedback and insight to inform the development of these new qualifications.
To register your attendance at one of the events click below:
- 31st October - Construction Wales Innovation Centre, Swansea
- 12th November - Grwp Llandrillo Menai, North Wales
- 13th November - Coleg Ceredigion, Mid Wales
- 20th November - Coleg Cymoedd, Ystrad Mynach Campus
If you have any queries please contact our Customer Experience team on 01923 652400 or email Customer.Experience@eal.org.uk.