As you are likely to be aware on the 1st of September 2019, the newly reformed Functional Skills Qualifications come into effect. The basis of the reform completely rewrites the Functional Skills assessment methodology which we are in support of.
With these changes and as a leading Awarding Organisation for the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, we have reviewed the impact of this reform for yourselves and for us as a business and have come to the difficult decision to withdraw from awarding the reformed functional skills from 1st September 2019.
From listening to customer feedback as well as fully understanding the changes from the reforms, we are not able to substantiate the development towards the new standards in a crowded marketplace. Our Functional Skills portfolio is a small element of our overall offer and we believe that our efforts, expertise, and focus are better suited to support you in other ways in the delivery of teaching, learning the future talent of our industry.
Our current Functional Skill Qualifications have the last registration date of August 31st 2019, you are welcome to register candidates with us until this point. Post this date you will need to use an alternate Awarding Organisation for Functional Skills registration.
The qualifications affected are:
- EAL Functional Skills qualification in English at Level 1 (500/9833/0)
- EAL Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 2 (501/1139/5)
- EAL Functional Skills qualification in English at Level 2 (500/9834/2)
- EAL Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics at Level 1 (501/1187/5)
- EAL Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communication Technology at Level 2 (501/1138/3)
- EAL Level 1 Award in Functional Skills Information and Communication Technology (501/1135/8)
We appreciate your support and regret any inconvenience this causes you
Although we will not be offering the awarding of Functional Skills from 1st September, we continue to recognise the importance of English, maths and ICT to our centres and learners and we remain committed to encouraging their development.
To find out more give us a call on 01923 652400 or contact [email protected].