The Institute’s apprentice panel is now recruiting for new members for 2020 and beyond. We need members to represent all 15 ‘routes’ and from occupations in levels 2 to 7. If you know of an apprentice in your organisation or elsewhere who should apply, please do share the link below with them and encourage them to apply by 13 January 2020.
This exciting opportunity is open to past and present apprentices who are looking to make a positive difference to the work that the institute does. The panel exists to advise the Institute and Government from the perspective of the apprentice. They bring insights from their experiences of being an apprentice and play a representative function for other apprentices.
The apprentice panel members are appointed to:
- provide information about their own views, concerns and attitudes of apprenticeships,
- gather an understanding and engage with apprentices nationwide by way of survey data and research,
- report data and any findings to the Institute’s officials,
- present any ideas to the Institute’s board when required,
- meet with government ministers as regularly as possible,
- provide genuine insights of everyday life as an apprentice to the Institute and other government bodies participate in any other relevant discussions or events when necessary.
To help us recruit new, energetic and engaged members from across all routes and at all levels, we need your help.
Please use your networks (both within and beyond your own organisations) to share this with apprentices working in occupations within your route and encourage them to express their interest in joining the apprentice panel by our extended deadline of Monday 13 January 2020.
For application information visit the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Lily Anderson via: [email protected]