Here's a round up of the latest skills policy news:
- At least 90% of learners at FE colleges and training providers say they are happy with their place of study and the quality of teaching they receive, according to a government survey which had over 300,000 respondents. More here.
- The Education Secretary has called plans by awarding organisations to challenge the single body per T Level technical qualification plan 'deeply disappointing' and warned this could lead to delays. More here.
- Apprenticeships will get a minimum two months' notice in the event of an impending funding rate reduction. If there is an increase, the change will be immediate. More here.
- Levy paying employers can now transfer up to 10% of their total apprenticeships funding to multiple businesses. More here. The skills minister is also on record as saying she is willing to consider further flexibilities.
- New polling of young people has found that two thirds would be interested in doing an apprenticeship. However, just one in five teachers would recommend an apprenticeship to their highest performing pupils. More here.
If you have any queries please contact our Policy Team or call 01923 652400.