The future of recruitment is a hot topic for discussion. Particularly when it comes to the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector. UK government statistics reveal that engineering contributes to 26% of the UK GDP (more than that of retail, wholesale, financial and insurance sectors combined). With figures like that it's easy to see that now, more than ever before, it's imperative that we have the right people, with the right skills, in the right job, at the right time.
So how can the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector recruitment process be simplified?
One strong contender for the solution is Engineering Talent.
Based on the principles of retaining and training, the new platform from the Enginuity Group is so much more than just another jobs board. Specifically designed with the needs of the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector in mind, the platform is built from three key perspectives:
- The employer
- The centre/educator
- The individual seeking to showcase their talent
Sarah Dhanda, Head of Employer Engagement and Partnership at Enginuity , further explains: "What makes Engineering Talent unique is that not only is it very specifically focussed on the engineering and manufacturing sectors, but also it's got that dual function. It's not just a jobs board, it's about learning as well. That will build over time. People will get their first job or their apprenticeship through Engineering Talent but then they'll keep using it. And that goes for employers as well as training centres and colleges."
Benefits for the individual include:
- Extensive knowledge base and information source
- Purpose built platform for showcasing talent and knowledge
- Customised profile
- Endorsed by the specialist sector awarding organisation
- Space to keep up-to-date with industry standards
Benefits for the employer include:
- Unique access to talent pool of potential recruits
- Bespoke parameter search tools for sourcing individuals with the exact skills required
- Portal space to host employer-specific training materials for upskilling
- Unprecedented ability to recruit from the oversupply of applicants from the large brands, working towards closing the skills gap in the process
For the centre/educator:
- Unique opportunities to map dedicated learning content to qualifications
- Bespoke training materials verified and sourced by EAL curators
- An online portal to host relevant, reliable and trusted content
Intrinsically, these factors combine to ensure that Engineering Talent is that go-to, powerful tool for retaining and training the brightest stars for the workforce and for the UK Economy. One concept that makes Engineering Talent so unique is the way that it intentionally provides a place for applicants that have not been successfully shortlisted the first time around. With Enginuity 's new platform, recruiters are able to provide other opportunities for these candidates aspiring to work in the sector.
Engineering Talent forges partnerships between learners, learning centres and employers. Through this unique collaboration, interest and enthusiasm is retained in the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector, equipping learners with the necessary skills to confidently step up to claim that second chance of starting or continuing their career path. It's time for us to work together to play our role in reducing the ever-widening skills gap within the sector. All of this and more can be achieved with the use of Engineering Talent.
Discover more about Engineering Talent via the website: https://www.engineeringtalent.org.uk/.
Read more about Engineering Talent along with the latest insights, analysis and solutions for advanced manufacturing and engineering in EAL and the Enginuity Group's RevEAL publication. Click here to download your copy.
Tweet us using #RevEAL or give us a call on 01923 652400 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.