December Policy Round Up
The government's long awaited careers strategy was published earlier this month. It includes £4 million to support every school and college to have a careers leader.
Read more about this and other Skills Policy News in our latest update.
Over the last month:
- The Industrial Strategy white paper has been published and includes a number of previously announced skills policies, and recommits the government to achieving 3m apprenticeship starts by 2020. More here.
- The government's long awaited careers strategy was published earlier this month. It includes £4 million to support every school and college to have a careers leader.
- New Department for Education research has found that 39% of employers feel 'ill prepared' for the Apprenticeship Levy. More here.
- DfE published their fifth annual Apprenticeship Learner Survey. More here.
- The members of the panels developing the first T-Levels have been confirmed. More here.
- The Commons Education Select Committee has launched an inquiry into the quality of apprenticeships and skills training. The deadline for submissions of evidence is January 5th. More here.
- The Institute for Apprenticeships has published its 'quality statement' for apprenticeships. More here.
- The Scottish Apprenticeship Advisory Board (SAAB) consultation.