About the role
Salary - Flexible day rate £250 - £300 per day
Contract term: Various – contracted for a set number of delivery days per contract as a sole trader.
EAL, the awarding organisation for Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing are looking to add suitably qualified and experienced Moderators to their Talent bank.
About the role
The Technical Moderator Role within EAL plays an important role in delivering an exceptional service to our customers by ensuring the centres that are delivering our products are adhering to qualification regulatory requirements and quality standards in the Specialist areas such as Engineering sector, Building service sector and Rail sector. The purpose of the Moderator is to conduct sampling of qualifications with Centre-marked assessment, accurate recording of outcomes, making recommendations on adjustments of marks and grades and customer focused feedback.
What we are looking for
Essential experience for Associates within the talent bank:
• Sector specific qualifications up to level 3
• Experience of working in the education sector
• Up to date, occupational experience and evidence of continuous professional development in the sector/subjects
• Experience moderating or marking the qualification concerned (or similar)
• Proficient IT skills with experience of using key business software e.g. outlook, MS Teams
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
• Experience of producing published reports and guidance material • Availability to attend or manage key activities throughout the year – especially January, March, April, May, June
• Up to date experience in the following activities: teaching /training, assessing / marking at the level of work to be moderated
Other skills which would be desirable however not needed to apply for the role
• Desirable - qualified to level 4 in the associated sector
• Experience as a tutor / marker on the associated qualification
• Data analysis skills
• Welsh language
• Involvement in the assessment production of the associated technical qualification
To register your interest with the team, please email your CV and supporting documents to – [email protected]