About the role
Salary - Flexible day rate £250 - £300 per day + travel expenses and subsistence per day
Contract term: Various – contracted for a set number of delivery days per contract as a sole trader.
EAL, the awarding organisation for Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing are looking to add suitably qualified and experienced Assessors to their Talent bank.
About the role
The External Assessor role within EAL will play an important role in delivering an exceptional service to our customers by delivering high quality assessment decisions using prescribed assessment methods to carry out and record professional discussion with Learners following a review of their projects for Qualification Wales regulated qualifications provided by EAL in the Construction and Building Services Engineering Sector. The purpose of the External Assessor is to conduct the Professional Discussion Assessment on the Level 3 BSE qualification above that you are Occupationally competent in on behalf of EAL.
What we are looking for
• Sector Specific qualifications to Level 3
• Experience of Working in the Education Sector
• Up to date, occupational experience, and evidence of continual professional development in the sector/subjects
• Assessors must have achieved a relevant recognised assessor qualification. Assessors who hold earlier qualifications (A1, D32 or D33, CAVA) should have up to date CPD evidence to the most current standards
• Proficient IT skills with experience of using key business software e.g. outlook, MS Teams
• Willingness to travel across the UK (Wales) • Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
• Experience of producing published reports and guidance material
Other skills which would be desirable however not needed to apply for the role
• Desirable – qualified to level 4 in the associated sector
• Experience as a tutor/ Assessor on the associated qualification
• Welsh language
To register your interest with the team, please email your CV and supporting documents to – [email protected]