External Quality Assurer (EQA) – Engineering - Scotland
Scotland - HOME BASED (Once Covid travel restrictions are lifted this role will include some national travel)
STARTING SALARY £36,000 plus benefits package (including pension and 22 days paid holiday per annum plus 3 days for company shutdown over Christmas and New Year)
Enginuity – Engineering expertise + Ingenuity with data
Play your part in giving Engineers the opportunity to change their world and ours.
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Our EQA Team who sit within EAL, the qualification and skills delivery arm of Enginuity Group, are looking for an experienced and motivated Quality Assurer who is occupationally / technically competent in Engineering with an Engineering sector background.
This key role will manage a suite of centres where you will be responsible for externally quality assuring EAL products and services across the Engineering sector, ensuring they are being delivered in line with required quality standards, regulatory requirements and EAL centre recognition requirements and policies.
Who’s right for this role
Whilst skills are important and rightly so, this role also demands quick thinking, innovation and a customer focussed mind-set. We are one team, regardless of the role you do, and we all play a part in our collective success.
You’ll be hitting the ground running so we’re looking for someone who has previous experience of working in Engineering Sector background and has held an active position of Internal Quality Assurer.
As you will be a key interface between EAL and its customers you will need to build strong relationships by understanding your centres’ business objectives, needs, challenges and key stakeholders and use this knowledge and your excellent customer service skills to continue to support and grow the business to ensure EAL is their Awarding Organisation of choice.
You will be someone who can demonstrate your excellent customer skills and have experience of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also be comfortable communicating using a wide range of electronic media and be open and adaptable to learning.
- Occupational competence with demonstrable experience of working in the Engineering industry Sector as minimum
- At least one of the following: A recognised apprenticeship related to Engineering, a Level 3 NVQ related to Engineering or equivalent, a degree related to Engineering, an NVQ Diploma in Engineering, or a Level 3 or Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Recent Experience of working in the Engineering Sector
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of S/NVQs/Employers Units of Competence’s and / or VRQ’s assessment
- Hold A1 & V1 or D Unit equivalence with CPD evidence in relation to nationally recognised standards set by Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK), such as LLUK units 001-005
- Held the position of Internal Quality Assurer within a Centre and have experience of working with Quality Assurance processes
- Willing to travel across the UK and hold a full driving licence
Enginuity is changing the world – well sort of. Home to EAL, the Awarding Organisation for Engineering and Manufacturing qualifications, we are proud of our long and successful history of leading and shaping skills in the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector. As a trusted partner to individual engineers, educators and engineering employers, using unmatched industry expertise and data, we create practical solutions to workforce skills challenges so that engineers can change their world and ours.
What we can offer you
We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution pension, 22 days paid holiday plus 3 days for company shutdown over Christmas and New Year. Paid holidays increasing with service, life assurance, paid membership of a professional body, wellness programmes, access to training and development opportunities and flexible working.
If you have a genuine interest in helping us to change the world through science, technology, engineering, mathematics and or data – we would love to meet you.
Depending on the volume of applications, the closing date for this position may be extended or brought forward.