Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) e-learning programme
EAL and e-learning experts Skills2Learn have joined forces to design a new innovative e-learning programme to help aspiring engineers take the first steps towards a career in engineering from the comfort of their own home.
The Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) e-learning programme is aligned to the Performing Engineering Operations Level 1 & 2 National Occupational Standards. The programme is aimed at colleges, training centres, students and apprentices. The programme contains over 3 hours of e-learning material. It consists of 15 modules, delivered via 2D and 3D images, animations, interactivity and professional voiceover. The programme is succeeded by an end test - a set of questions based on the current topic - for learners to test their knowledge.
- highly interactive and immersive
- engaging and educational
- stunningly realistic
- stimulating and enjoyable
- flexible, simple, and easy-to-use
- delivered online via a VLE
- SCORM compliant
- mapped to current National Occupational Standards.
Features, benefits and cost of EAL’s e-learning programme:
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety Signs
- Substances Hazardous to Health
- Working at Heights
- Basic First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessments
- Fire Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Workplace Welfare
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment
- Managing Yourself and Working Relationships
- Communication and Interpretation of Information
This unique programme aims to bridge the gap between classroom based and practical based learning. The e-learning section of the programme takes the subject further with high quality images, animations, and audio enhancing the content, showing information in a different light. Learners are not just expected to sit back, watch, and listen - they are asked to interact with and immerse themselves in the information on screen using clickable links, pop-ups, flipbooks, drag and drops, and slider features.
The programme is easy-to-use, even for the non-computer-literate among us. Learners are free to navigate linearly using the ‘Next’ and ‘Back’ buttons, or alternatively select a module or section at random using the ‘Menu’ (although they are encouraged to attempt the learning in sequence so that they cover all the information in a logical order). Screens can also be replayed, assuring every opportunity to absorb the content. Additionally, there is access to a Help guide, a Glossary, and links to verified websites, references, and further reading throughout the course.
The module concludes with an end test - a set of questions specific to the sections within that particular module, ensuring learners remember what they have been taught previously. The questions within the end test can take the form of multiple choice options, true or false responses, drag and drops, text input boxes, or drop-down menus.
Once a question has been answered, learners are given feedback on their selections, whether correct or incorrect. On completion, the end test is summarised by an overall score (%), a section score (%), a breakdown of each question per section, and a recommendation to re-study relevant areas where they didn’t score the required percentage. Test results can be printed in the form of a certificate.
- Complex topics are made simple using high quality graphics
- Learners can study at their own pace, time, and place
- Training becomes easier and more enjoyable
- Achievable personal goals and outcomes are established at the outset
- Learners confidence in their capabilities is strengthened
- Users learn from their mistakes in a safe environment
- Minimises costs and consumable wastage
- Promotes health and safety and welfare at work
- Allows practice for mastery in an entirely risk-free and cost-free environment.
Single Licence, for personal use only, not for public display or distribution.
- £99.95 ex. VAT
Annual Multiple Licence (Unlimited Users)
- Academic: £450 +VAT
For more information, please contact our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)1923 652400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org