Your use of the content and service provided by EAL is subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement, the Copyright, Terms and Conditions on this website. Your use of these services will mean that you accept the Terms.
EAL has been registered in accordance with United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 legislation and EAL complies with all relevant legislation. All organisations have responsibilities under the Act regarding the implementation of procedures and practices to adequately secure information of a personal nature and not to disclose such information unless under certain conditions.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather:
We request this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- using the information to improve our products and services and/or to customise the website according to your interests
- periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
If you wish to stop receiving correspondence from EAL at any point you can do so by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any promotional or news alert emails, or by emailing us.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
As an organisation contributing to a national system of qualifications, EAL are required by the regulators to collate and provide comprehensive data. EAL will process personal data in accordance with the statutory regulation of external qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The minimum data requirements we would normally provide to regulatory bodies are:
- Centre data - centre number (UCN), name, address, postcode, telephone number and centre type
- learner data - surname, first name, date of birth, gender, ethnic group, address, postcode, telephone number, awarding organisation’s registration number and/or unique learner number, registration date, unit certification, final result, award date, particular assessment requirements, language(s) in which assessment is taking place, i.e. English and/or Welsh/Irish
- qualification and unit data - qualification(s) code(s), qualification level, title, unit code, unit titles.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We reserve the right to charge a small fee for this request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Protection Officer at EAL (Excellence, Achievement & Learning Limited) 14 Upton Road, Watford, Hertfordshire WD18 0JT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.