EAL level 1 welding qualifications engage industry and learners
EAL collaborates with industry and training providers to identify current education and training needs. In response to the engineering sector’s need for entry level welding skills we have created a suite of single-unit qualifications, covering the following areas:
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Welding Skills (QCF) –600/1903/7
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas Welding Skills (QCF) – 600/2170/6
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Metal Inert Gas Welding Skills (QCF) – 600/2171/8
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Manual Metal Arc Welding Skills (QCF) – 600/2172/X
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Oxy – Acetylene Welding Skills (QCF) – 600/2173/1
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Brazing and Soldering Skills (QCF) – 600/6003/7
- EAL Level 1 Award in Introductory Thermal and Plasma Cutting Skills - (QCF) – 600/5801/8
Centre assessed and combining self-study knowledge components and practical hands-on welding skills the qualifications can be taken individually or run concurrently - depending on the individual learners’ requirements. This makes them ideal for those looking to get a taste of engineering and welding, or those wanting to retrain or return to work after a period of unemployment.
Delivering these entry level qualifications gives you the chance to engage potential level 2 learners at an early stage, create links with your local Jobcentre Plus – allowing them to refer potential learners to you, and position your Centre as a provider of key skills needed by local industry. EAL have been working alongside the Weldability Sif Foundation in creating and delivering these qualifications to support their activities in supplying additional funding to training establishments in the creation of welder training facilities nationwide. Contact the Weldability Sif Foundation for further information.
To add any of these qualifications to your Centre’s remit simply login to Smarter Touch.