Looking for an alternative to the Design & Technology GCSE that's ...
With future industry skills in high demand, EAL's 14-19 TechQuals have been designed to inspire and encourage young people to choose careers in engineering, electrical and plumbing.
We understand it is challenging for schools, colleges and UTCs to decide on qualifications that fit your students’ needs. This is where EAL can help.
EAL 14-19 TechQuals are an ideal solution for schools, colleges and UTCs wanting to offer learners a fully recognised, technical qualification as well as seamless progression to apprenticeships and industry careers.
Developed in collaboration with industry employers and offering expert external support, EAL 14-19 TechQuals enable you to demonstrate your commitment to offering learners the highest quality qualifications with genuine employer value and credibility.
In addition, all EAL's Key Stage 4 qualifications count towards the Progress and Attainment 8 measure and the Key Stage 5 Level 3 qualifications have UCAS points accreditation.
EAL 14-19 TechQuals
Technical Awards (Key Stage 4)
- EAL Level 1 Foundation Certificate in Engineering Technology - 601/4560/2
- EAL Level 2 First Certificate in Engineering Technology - 600/6867/X
- EAL Level 2 First Diploma in Engineering Technology - 600/6868/1
These qualifications are reported alongside GCSEs and can enable learners to either progress on to further study at Level 2 or gain entry to an apprenticeship.
Technical Certificates (Key Stage 5)
- EAL Level 2 Intermediate Diploma in Electrical Installation - 601/4561/4
- EAL Level 2 Intermediate Diploma in Plumbing - 601/4562/6
Technical Level (Key Stage 5) - with UCAS points accreditation
- EAL Level 3 Diploma In Plumbing and Heating 600/8595/2
- EAL Level 3 Diploma In Electrical Installation – 600/9331/6
- EAL Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Engineering Technology – 601/4564/x
These qualifications have UCAS points. The new UCAS Tariff has been developed to include a wider range of qualifications.